Dates and Deadlines
Step 1 - Submit your application to your home university
- Apply at your home university for a semester/year at LMU.
- Contact your exchange coordinator for requirements and application procedures.
Step 2 - Submit your application to LMU
- After having been nominated by your home university, you are ready to prepare your application at LMU.
- Deadlines: 15th May for studying at LMU in the winter semester or for a full academic year, 15th November for studying at LMU in the summer semester.
- For further details about the application documents and procedure check the LMU International Office website for exchange students.
- Winter semester: 1st October - 31st March
- Summer semester: 1st April - 30 September
- Summer semester 2020: 20th April - 24th July 20
- Winter semester 2020/21: 12th Oct 20 - 5th Feb 21
If you aim to take course at our Department, you must attend the Welcome Event a week before the start of the semester. This is the time where you will be able to apply for courses and where you will receive detailed information about studying at our department.
Please note: Due to the current coronavirus situation, there will be no Welcome Event originally scheduled for Thursday, 2 April 2020. The website will be regularly updated and further information will be posted here once LMU has taken a decision about how it will organise the summer semester 2020.
You will find the presentation of the Welcome Event here.
Examination types and dates
- Seminars (Seminare) and tutorials (Übungen): presentations are held during the course period, as are written tasks (Übungsaufgaben), while papers (Hausarbeiten) are normally submitted during the semester break.
- Lectures (Vorlesungen): end-of-term exams taking place at the end of the lecture period.
- You will be informed about the exact dates and deadlines in the first course which is madatory to attend.
Transcript of Records
- Your transcript can be downloaded in our course portal LSF once all course grades have been issued and inserted in the portal.
- Please ask your course lecturers when your grades will be issued.
- Check the website of our International Office for details about how to generate your Transcript of Records.